Saturday, February 18, 2012

Hugs & Kisses

XOXOXOXO - I Love You!

Today is my son's 17th Birthday, last week was Valentine's Day, and next week is my older son's Birthday. A month of hugs and kisses! Or not, well, you know how it is. There is this awkward period for some boys when it comes to showing affection. Once they're adults it's usually not a problem, but lots of kids, even girls,
can go through various stages with signs of affection.

It depends a lot on personality too. My older two have always been affectionate, but we were always sensitive to how they might feel around their friends. The younger one is the type that pushes away, or reluctantly gives in after trying to get out of it. It's become a kind of game.

I think the key here is respect and acceptance, while remembering that everyone needs affection in some way, maybe just different ways. Listen to Dr. G and see what you think.



Tell us what you think. Are you big huggers at your house? Leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I'll do my best to respond to them all.

BabbaBox - Activity Box for Kids