My daughter went back to college on Sunday, my college graduate son started his first professional job on Monday, and my younger son has one more year before graduating high school. This stage of life might seem like a long way off if you have babies or toddlers, but don't believe that. Make a long term plan that will allow you to enjoy the various stages of family life.
- Baby days - Make good use of the stroller & do lots of cuddling.
- Toddler & preschool times - Romp in the park, play together & keep up the cuddling.
- Elementary stages - Parks & playgrounds, biking & roller skating, do lots of outdoor activities together.
- Middle school leap - Get ready for changes, but keep your kids close by continuing to make family fun days or nights a priority.
- High school stretch - Read books & blogs about teenagers, even though you were one once, it's a different perspective as a parent. Plan family outings & fun nights even if they complain about it.