Thursday, November 1, 2012

Moving Forward


I know there are a lot of people struggling right now after the hurricane, I have friends who live in New Jersey and NYC. My heart and prayers go out to you, especially to those who have experienced serious loss. I hope everyone has shelter and food, and for those without electricity or heat I hope it gets fixed soon.

I've weathered a lot of storms myself and I've found the most important thing is to keep your spirits up. Help will come and it will get better. For parents it's especially
important to not let our concerns frighten the little ones. Comfort, encourage and even find ways to make it fun for them (safely).

I grew up in Florida and I always got so excited when a hurricane was coming. I liked helping my parents prepare for it, and I enjoyed they way neighbors helped each other clean up the mess after it was over. It was empowering to learn that we can survive dangerous storms and repair the damage afterward.

Looking forward - it's a new month, the Presidential Election is around the corner, and the holidays are coming! Let's find gratitude even in small things and enjoy what we can.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I'll do my best to respond to them all.

BabbaBox - Activity Box for Kids