Sunday, June 9, 2013

Amazing Mother's Advice

A New Place to Visit

I found a new blog recently which I've enjoyed visiting on a regular basis. It's called Discoveries of Grace, and I encourage you to check it out. I love the simplicity of it, and the straightforward recognition of God's presence in everyday events and activities.

Mom's Advice

What I really like though, is that she has dedicated a page to share the wonderful advice her mother gave her. I'll give you a taste, but then you have to go there and read the rest for yourself.

Top Ten (12 actually) Things She Learned from Her Mother

  1. She always told me that love is the only thing that really matters. You can lose your possessions, your job, and your health, but you can always hold on to the love. And at the end of your life, when you look back, it’s the only thing that makes life worth living.
  2. Decorate your house with bookcases, because you can never have too many books! Nothing ever seems as bad if you can curl up with a good book and a cup of hot cocoa (with marshmallows).
  3. Class is not determined by money or social position; rather, a truly classy person is one who goes out of her way to make others feel comfortable and special. Classy people are warm and gracious.
  4. You’ll never get old if you are always interested in other people and continue to learn new things.
  5. Life isn’t fair. But that doesn’t mean it can’t still be good, even wonderful, if you keep a sense of gratitude and remember what really matters.
  6. God does not send us tragedy and pain. But he does give us the strength to bear them, the courage to face them, and the grace to learn and grow from them.
This is only half of the list so please visit "top ten things I learned from my mother" at Discoveries of Grace, and maybe you'll find some other inspiring bits along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I'll do my best to respond to them all.

BabbaBox - Activity Box for Kids